What is Gestational Diabetes?
Gestational diabetes means you have a high blood pressure level during pregnancy. And usually,it shows up in the middle of pregnancy. Doctors will do the test between 24 and 28 weeks of pregnancy.
In this condition, the blood sugar level generally comes back to typical soon after pregnancy period. Be that as it may, on the off chance that you’ve had gestational diabetes, you’re in danger for type 2 diabetes. You’ll continue with your doctor’s prescription to manage your blood sugar level.
Symptoms of Gestational Diabetes.
In most cases, gestational diabetes will never show noticeable symptoms. Anyway, you can consult with your doctor if you felt anything mentioned below.
- Unusual thirst
- Frequent urination
- Frequent vaginal, bladder, and skin irritation
- Blurred vision
- Presence of sugar in the urine (It will get to know after a lab test)
- Age: If the pregnant women age is greater than 25 the chances of gestational diabetes are more.
- Excess Weight: If pregnant women are significantly overweight with a BMI (Body Mass Index) of 30 or higher than that will have a chance for gestational diabetes.
- Personal or Family Health History: the risk of developing high-blood sugar level during pregnancy will increase if you have any pre-diabetes. And family history also will increase the chances.
How to Prevent High Blood Sugar Level?
There is no ensures for the complete prevention of high-blood sugar level during pregnancy. But you can follow a better and healthy lifestyle before planning for a baby. This will help you to avoid the dangerous stage of this condition during pregnancy.
- Follow a Healthy Food Chart: You can include the fiber foods in your food chart. Avoid high fat and high calories foods, focus on fruits, whole grains, and vegetables.
- Keep Active: Always be active in life. Exercises, yoga, and meditations are very helpful to improve your immunity.
- Lose excess weight before pregnancy: Mostly doctors will not suggest weight loss during pregnancy so try to balance your weight before pregnancy.
Concentrate on permanent changes to your diet charts. Inspire yourself by recalling the long-term advantages of getting in shape. For example, a more beneficial heart, more vitality, and develop confidence.